I had the privilege of taking a weekend trip to Charleston for YALLFest this weekend and it was absolutely amazing!
If you don’t know, YALLFest is a book festival held annually in Charleston, SC. There are always a bunch of wonderful authors there doing panels, signings, and other fun events. It’s also a great place to get free books- I came home with 11 including the one I picked up for my brother.
I wanted to share some pictures with you all from my trip as well as the stuff I picked up.
I’ll start with the chapter samplers:
- The Afterward by E.K. Johnston
- Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Stain by A.G. Howard
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (I have got to get into the Grishaverse; they all sound so good and I’ve been wanting to hop on the bandwagon for ages)
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
I also picked up quite a few ARCs (advanced reader copies):
- Slayer by Kiersten White
- Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills
- In Paris With You by Clementine Beauvais
- The Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Phillipe
- Daisies and Devotion by Josi S. Kilpack
- Crown of Feathers by Nick Pau Preto
- Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers (which is signed and I am so excited about this one- I haven’t read any of Robin’s books yet and after hearing her speak I really need to fix that!)
And a few books that are already out:
- Bookish Boyfriends: A Date with Darcy by Tiffany Schmidt
- Lies Jane Austen Told Me by Julie Wright
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins (I also got this one signed)
I also got a ton of bookmarks and other swag things, including a tote bag with a Flame in the Mist quote that I got Renee Ahdieh to sign and an Iko art print because I knew some Renegades trivia.
But despite all the free stuff, the authors were definitely the best part. The panels were amazing and all the authors I talked to were so nice and I loved meeting them.
I want to talk about Brendan Reichs for a minute. I met him last weekend at another event where he signed The Darkdeep for me, and this weekend he was sitting next to Ally Condie at a signing and remembered not only my name but where I had mentioned possibly attending college. He is a super nice guy and I will definitely be reading more of his books. The Darkdeep, by the way, is fantastic- and I haven’t enjoyed middle grade in a long time.
I met Megan Shepherd, Renee Ahdieh, Brandon Mull, Ally Condie, Stephanie Perkins, Dhonielle Clayton, Robin LaFevers, and Roshani Chokshi.
Meeting Roshani was the highlight of the entire trip. If you’re new here, Roshani is my favorite author (it’s a tie between her and Marissa Meyer; I like Marissa’s books but Roshani has the most beautiful writing style in this world). I got to meet her and she signed her books for me. I also gave her a copy of both Captain Guinevere and Lady Gwen that she so graciously accepted. She is so sweet and beautiful and I am so happy to have met her.
Now for some pictures:
And last but not least:
If you get the chance to make a trip to YALLFest next year, do it. It was an amazing trip.
Have you been to YALLFest? What was your favorite part? Who’s the author you’d love to meet the most?
P.S. Special thanks to my mom and dad for making this happen! I love you both so much!